CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
The Plant Manager is responsible for managing total plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost.
- Drive safety across the Plant
- Provide leadership to Plant staff to effectively recruit, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
- Directs the work of all facility employees – establishes production and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods.
- Directly responsible for all employment decisions at the facility.
- Continually review operations activities, including local transportation activities to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
- Direct Plant administration to ensure compliance to established policies
- Develop a balanced approach to maximize best operational practices and cost efficiencies across the Plant while maintaining critical quality and raw material utilization standards that are necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and Plant profitability
- Drive efficiencies through proper transportation scheduling, dispatch, & driver management while meeting customer expectations
- Ensure the consistent execution of all SOPs throughout the Plant and in accordance with the business.
- Own and drive cost control initiatives and process control within the Plant
- Injury Frequency Rate
- Price, Volume, Inflation Metrics
- Production yield
- Profitability to budget
- DOT Compliance and CSA Scores
- Inventory Reconciliation
- Employee Survey Results
- Net Promoter Score
- 1 location
- 2+ direct reports
- 30-100 indirect report
Authority/ Decision Making
- Working independently
- Working across and within the matrix
- Sr. Directors, General Managers, Directors, Sr. Regional Managers, HR, HSE, Department Heads
- Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain or related field
- Six Sigma/Lean certification preferred
- 3 - 5 years in engineering or manufacturing experience desired
- Familiarity with private fleet management/transportation
- Strong customer focus orientation
- Expert people management capability including hourly workers
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience managing safety performance and programs
- Understanding of supply chain practices and metrics
Skills and Knowledge
- Superior ability to manage people and motivate a team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.