CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
This position is responsible for completing financial accounting activities for the sub-region to support the production of accurate and timely financial results in compliance with IFRS and local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including compliance with Brambles policy and procedures and local Statutory and Tax requirements.
• Accounting & Control: For the sub regions entities, the role will be required to perform the end-to-end Record to Report/ Financial Accounting processes, including the monthly close process to BRACS approval.
• Performs a range of assigned month end close processes including preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations, preparation of journals to support the month end process
• Application of accounting standards and practices in accordance with accounting standards, policy and local country requirements.
• Ensure reconciling balance sheet items for assigned accounts are followed up and resolved in a timely basis
• Liaises with the R2R Service Delivery Manager to co-ordinate the 3rd Party Provider’s assigned scope of work, providing constructive feedback where necessary to improve collective E2E performance.
• Statutory Reporting: preparation data to support the preparation of Brambles and local in country statutory accounts for the countries within the region. This includes the preparation of accounting technical papers, audit schedules to support. Provides technical expertise to ensures accurate and timely compliance with filings, including working with external providers to meet the local compliance requirements.
• Company Secretariat: supports co-ordinates the local in-country company secretary requirements as directed by the Regional Controller.
• Insurance: supports the annual Reserve data gathering for the countries in the region.
• Policy & Compliance: supports the implementation of group policies and procedures as directed. Performs substantive testing of controls to assess effectiveness of the control environment.
• Transformation & Standardization: Supports the standardization (by implementation) of accounting processes to drive global standard.
• Timely and accurate completion of assigned responsibilities
• The effectiveness of the control environment as measured by internal audit reports
• The level of compliance for the region; e.g. timely and accurate submissions (stat. & tax)
• The level of standardization and process harmonization achieved
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.