CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Location of Assignment: Atlanta, GA
Length of Assignment/# of hours per week:
40 hours/week – Summer;
~16-20 hours/week – During Fall/Spring semester (optional)
Department: Global Innovation
Skills / prior experience required:
- Creative problem solver with high degree of service orientation
- Emerging technologies, materials and future retailer technology trends passion
- Technical knowledge of Innovation tools, and related processes
- Technical knowledge of advanced search engine tools for patents, social, and search
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn and understand technology and/or industry terminology
- Microsoft Office products knowledge particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Project Objective / Business Justification:
- This Internship role will be focused on the development and execution of a horizon scanning process to identify key technology enablers, startups, adjacent industries in our key targeted innovation areas for our business globally. Supports the launch and execution of our Open Innovation program, amongst other ad hoc projects.
What will student learn from this experience?
- The intern will be treated as a professional hire and will gain experience in a robust, global business environment. Time will be allocated to coaching & mentoring, answering questions, listening, and relationship building. They will be given the opportunity to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Learn how to apply critical thinking skills in problem identification and data analysis, and in recognizing the implications of decisions.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.