CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Strategically manage carrier relationships and performance to provide best in class dedicated transportation solutions for CHEP US Supply Chain.
• Perform routine and complex analysis of transportation patterns, volumes, lanes, and cost, including variances to strategic plans.
• Negotiate and manage contract terms and rates with Transportation Service Providers in order to achieve sustainable, low-cost capacity capable of exceeding CHEP service requirements
• Drives BVA through the identification, recommendation, procurement and implementation of dedicated initiatives
• Enhances bottom-line results through effective negotiation, management, communication and drafting of carrier contracts
• Manage fleet operations and equipment through detailed reports to show opportunities and trends for improvement
• Design fleet network models to measure variant transportation cost
• Measures increased transportation cost associated with network inefficiencies
• Stays current on Transportation and Pallet industry best practices
• Maintains and develops necessary controls to ensure realization and timeliness of productivity initiatives
• Develops and performs presentations to suppliers, internal stakeholders, management and customers that clearly articulate future plans and results
• Supports Plant Network Optimization Network projects and associated supply chain process improvements
• Maintain data integrity in Lean TMS system and other databases (e. g. MS Access)
• Conducts Fleet audits with Transportation provider, Customer Service and Sales and Operations team to improve supply chain efficiencies
• Perform root cause analysis and develop action plans based on industry knowledge
• Develop and implement programs aimed at reducing transportation expenditures and enhance on-time delivery performance • Ability to adapt to new processes and direction in a complex and fast paced network
• Initiate and manage transportation supplier performance metrics
• Complete/coordinate ad-hoc analysis as required
• Support Logistics Department to ensure customer delivery objectives are achieved
• Brambles Initiative Savings
• Customer Satisfaction
• CHEP USA On Time Performance
• Influence on CHEP US Supply Chain/Operations teams to execute on carrier strategy
• Authorized to make cost decisions within specified limits
• Approximately 5% travel
• Managing and negotiating 3rd party relationships
• Working with remote team members
• Limited access to manager, must be self-starter
• Matrix leadership requires strong influencing skills
CHEP Logistics, Planning, Operations, Sales, Customer Service
Existing and Prospective Carrier Partners, 3rd party plant management groups
• Required: BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or equivalent experience
• Preferred: MBA, Six Sigma Green Belt
• Preferred: Industry Certifications/Associations (APICS, CSCMP)
• Transportation/Logistics experience (3 years)
• Transportation procurement (3 years)
Skills and Knowledge
• SAP, Lean TMS system, Microsoft Office Suite(Access/Excel), Siebel, Qlickview
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Project Management skills
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to multi-task and operate under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Displays a sense of urgency and a positive outlook
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.