CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
VISION SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT MANAGER
The candidate will lead deployment activities associated with the Vision System platform, providing guidance to internal and external resources. The focus will be to continue to efficiently deploy the technology throughout North and South America.
Automatic Digital Inspection (ADI) is developed by CHEP with the purpose of inspecting the quality of its products. This technology is deployed and operational globally.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Facilitate and direct the planning and project management for ADI deployments in the America’s operational service centers.
• Interface with Regional Process Technology team on the implementation of common ADI platforms, technologies and best practices to deliver the expected regional automation strategy and initiatives.
• Provide guidance and training to internal and external resources to enable efficient deployment of ADI technology.
• Manage the deployment of software upgrades associated with existing ADI platform, assuring its consistency through the different regions and pallet types.
• Manage implementations associated with next generations of ADI technology.
• Support Regional Project Managers on the deployment of ADI technology through 75+ service centers across the Americas. Capital investment link to this deployment exceed > $1M annually.
• Collaborates with regional Operations and Quality Teams on needs assessment and technology availability.
• Delivery of ADI projects within CAPEX and timeline constraints.
• Implementations within CQV conformance standards.
Countries: US, Canada, Latin America
Suppliers: Minimum of 3 (US)
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Individual to coordinate and manage the global ADI deployment needs related to automatic inspection and quality control systems.
• Responsible to anticipate challenges in global ADI software platform and provide strategic plans to address.
• Role requires being a partner and to help guide, but at the same time a gate keeper and project manager of overall ADI deployment process, ensuring compliance to internal processes.
• Requires working across time zones and cultures and flexibility to attend meetings outside of normal daytime working hours due to global nature of the projects.
• Punctual support to ongoing projects during off-hours, weekends or holidays as required.
• Expected travel around 40% in Americas regions.
• Understanding regional Operations and Quality needs and propose solutions and develop priorities.
• Operations Team: Regional SC Directors, Regional Operations Managers, Plant Managers, Supervisors.
• Quality Team: Regional Quality Directors, Quality Managers.
• Regional Vision Systems Engineers.
• Regional Project Engineering Teams.
• Third party Operations subcontractors.
• Suppliers: Machine builders and controls companies
• BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent in a Technical Field
• Prefer 3 years of deployment experience in Computer Vision projects
• Minimum of 3 years Industrial equipment implementation experience
• 2 years Project Management for industrial projects, preferably including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in multi-facility, international organizations desired
• Experience in a diverse multi-cultural corporate environment desired
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Demonstrated and successful project management experience
• Equipment implementation experience
• Ability to work autonomously
• Works well within a team
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills and process focus
• Machine vision experience
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.