CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
Develop, seek approvals, and execute complex capital engineering projects in support of CHEP USA plant operations business objectives.
Number of Countries: Primarily Supports North America
Number of Locations: Over 100 Service Centers
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Collaborate with Operations, Health & Safety, and Quality teams to develop, seek approval, and successfully implement Capital Equipment Projects in accordance with established schedule, cost, and performance standards.
• Development of CapEx documents to include cost estimates and project justification.
• Manage activities associated with capital project execution to include equipment layout and scope development, requests for quote, purchase order generation, contractor selection, on-site supervision during the installation and start-up of equipment, and proper tagging and accounting of new equipment.
• Ensure that all necessary safe work practices are adhered to by both CHEP and contract personnel, and all applicable local municipality construction permitting and environmental requirements are met.
• Effective and timely communications to Key Stakeholders beginning with project development and approval, through final commissioning and qualification.
• Track and report progress as required against project deliverables
• Utilization of the FAT, CQV, and Vertical Startup Processes with Suppliers and Operations teams, to ensure successful and timely project completion
• Coordinate training of on-site personnel as needed for system operation and maintenance. Ensure proper handoff of completed projects to include as-built drawings, maintenance and operations manuals, and spare parts lists.
• Maintain strict fiduciary controls, managing capital budgets, and accurately forecasting monthly spending
• Provide critical reviews of equipment design, seeking to improve MTBF, increase efficiency/productivity, and highlight cost savings opportunities
• Seek innovations internally/externally to further meet our long term business objectives
Senior Project Engineer is mutually responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Team in achieving business objectives through Capital Equipment deployment.
• Cost Reduction
• Process Reliability
• Customer satisfaction
• Worker injury reductions
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Managing individual capital projects with budgets up to $3M
• Purchasing Recommendations
• Resolving Customer/Operations problems through root cause analysis
• Working autonomously
Plant Operations Reps, Managers, Directors, Planning, Logistics, Finance, Engineering
Equipment suppliers, Plant/Service Center Management Groups
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Related Technical Field
Lean Project Management
• 5-10 years project engineering and/or related project management experience
• Operations experience, supporting production a plus
• Effective Communication and Collaboration with multiple levels within the organization
• Material handling experience, conveyance, robotics
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Familiar with project management methods and tools such as MS Project
• Familiar with basic industrial electrical wiring, process piping, and machine guarding principles
• Familiarity with conveyor systems, material handling robotics a plus
• Working knowledge of the use of AutoCAD
• Familiar with capital project justification methods (ROI, IRR, NPV)
• Basic financial management skills with a focus on capital expenditure
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.