CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Manage and develop relationships with customers & prospects within assigned territory at different levels to improve customer satisfaction; protect and maximize revenue opportunities and minimize asset risk.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Overall responsibility for profitability/ MOP in dedicated area for all customers operating in the territory
• Understand customer trends & operational plans, problems, opportunities & match to sell CHEP’s products, services & value proposition
• Closely manage commercial terms of the contract with the customer to ensure revenue is adequately collected and that any program costs are well understood and anticipated by the customer
• Implement territory / account plans through prioritization provided by office-based Controls & Intelligence team and collaboration with Strategic Accounts, addressing any customer issues raised at the location level
• Create & manage sales funnel based on account portfolio and work leads with prospects in territory, converting new business opportunities
• Maintain continuity of business and ensure the accounts remain profitable
• Establish and maintain relationships at appropriate levels with customers and manage the interface between customer & CHEP.
• Deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through a consistent service delivery to the customer
• Work closely with strategic account managers to implement account plans for strategic customers operating within the territory.
• Recognize training needs within the supply chain and establish CHEP as the primary contact for asset control and commercial initiatives. (remove)
• Maximize time spent with customers by relinquishing administrative and transaction work to office-based teams
• Have overall revenue and (where practical to measure) profitability responsibility for the territory & work closely with office- based support team
• Michigan & Northern Ohio Areas
• Travel: 50% plus
NUMBER OF REPORTS
• Individual contributor, no direct reports
• Deliver revenue budget
• Build solid relationships with accounts, decision makers, influencers and users
• Develop sustainable and profitable growth, deliver new business from portfolio
• Improve the NPS score of territory in line with Brambles targets
• Develop and implement agreed account plans for all major accounts
• Ensure that all business within the territory achieves Brambles profitability and return expectations. Where this is not the case, implement profit improvement plans.
Annual Revenue Budget: circa $15m
Number of Staff (direct): 0
Number of Staff (indirect): 0
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Initiate issue resolution activities on behalf of customers within account portfolio
• Provide feedback on route planning outputs for assigned territory
• Implement commercial decisions in line with Brambles approval matrix
• Effective prioritization of multiple internal groups to support
• Effective communication with office-based teams and strategic account managers
• Increasing time spent with customers while minimizing Travel costs
• Reliance on office-based teams to interact with customers and resolve issues
Strategic Accounts team
Office-Based Controls & Intelligence team
Specific Industry Groups (e.g. United Fresh)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or Related field
• 3-5 years customer facing experience
• Retail or CPG manufacturer experience an advantage
• Complex sales
• Experience of working with contract law and commercial finance Working knowledge of Six Sigma or other continuous improvement methodology
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Desire to deliver customer excellence & win new business
• Strong relationship building & interpersonal skills
• Flexibility in a changing market and culture
• Structured and disciplined individual, comfortable with detail and works well under pressure
• Presentation, communication, negotiation skills
• Supply chain knowledge
• Analytically minded with great attention to detail
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.