CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
SENIOR ENGINEER - PLANT AUTOMATION & CONTROL SYSTEMS (WONDERWARE)
Responsible for the development, implementation and support of Wonderware System Platform / SQL Server based Factory Management and Control Systems (FMS) within CHEP service centers.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• System development and configuration in Wonderware System Platform, InTouch, and MS SQL Server.
• Works hand in hand with Process Engineering on mechanical, electrical and controls integration with the FMS.
• Analyzes business problems, develops solutions and implements value-added technical and non-technical solutions to those challenges.
• Maintains a strong positive relationship between the business entities and the Engineering organization.
• Proposes and delivers systems and services that add increasing value to the business on time and within budget.
• Embraces and enforces CHEP FMS standards with new and existing equipment vendors to support rapid implementations.
• Provides plant support for FMS during the day, off-hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
• Countries: US, Canada, LATAM, South America
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Select service providers as required
• Requires working across time zones and cultures and flexibility to attend meetings outside of normal daytime working hours due to global nature of the team.
• Provides remote support for FMS (24x7) during off-hours, weekends and holidays as required.
• Requires working extended periods, including weekends during project implementation.
• Expected travel is 60%
• Senior Manager, Global FMS Engineering
• Global Process Engineering peers (Directors, Band 3, Band 2)
• Regional Supply Chain managers
• Global IT Infrastructure Team
• Non-Hire Stock plant equipment suppliers
• 3rd party engineering service providers
• 3rd part CHEP Service Center operators
• Bachelor degree in electrical engineering from an accredited program and 5+ years of related experience in manufacturing environment
• Minimum 3 years demonstrated project experience implementing Wonderware System Platform 4.0 (IAS 3.1/InTouch 10.1) and System Platform 2012R2.
• Experience using SQL Server 2008 databases, stored procedures, SQL Reporting Services, and .NET.
• Understanding of Rockwell PLCs (SLC 500, Micrologix, Compactlogix, Control Logix).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are an essential element of this position.
• Must be comfortable working on the plant floor in a hands-on start-up environment with challenging schedules.
• Ability to apply project management and time management skills to consistently meet project timelines with aggressive schedules.
• Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work successfully and autonomously in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
• Knowledge and operation of server and PC hardware and associated operating system software, specifically Windows Server 2008.
• Knowledge of basic production manufacturing metrics such as OEE.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.