CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Perform duties related to sales & use, consumption, and other non-income taxes to ensure timely filing of returns and payment of related liabilities. Assist Tax Department in resolving customers’ sales tax concerns and questions to promote greater customer loyalty and improved customer service.
• Implement improvement projects to enhance information provided to other departments
• Effectively and efficiently manage multiple detailed tasks required to timely file and pay sales & use tax and personal property tax liabilities
• Coordinate with Credit & Collections to provide refunds to customers after review and approval
• Maintain and apply the technical knowledge and skills required to evaluate and resolve various sales & use and personal property tax issues
• Review customer exemption claims to provide improved customer satisfaction while maintaining compliance with state/local tax regulations
• Coordinate with plant locations and other departments to file revenue-based business licenses
• Accuracy and timeliness of preparing and submitting sales tax data to returns preparer
• Accuracy and timeliness of preparing and submitting fixed asset data to returns preparer
• Number and timeliness of refunds processed to completion
• Number and timeliness of customer accounts reviewed for taxability
• Accuracy of applying taxability standards to customers
• Increase in customer satisfaction
• Accuracy of research information provided
• Review customers’ sales tax exemptions and approve if qualified
• Initiate internal refund requests for sales-tax-related issues for manager approval
• Initiate funding requests to submit tax payments related to sales & use taxes, personal property taxes, and business licenses for manager/etc. approval
• Working with service providers to resolve issues with taxing jurisdictions with minimal supervision from manager
• Assisting with audit management under manager supervision
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.