CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
MANAGER - MACHINE LEARNING / MACHINE VISION
- THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN ALPHARETTA, GEORGIA, MADRID, SPAIN OR LONDON, ENGLAND
• Dedicated to leading and driving industry and market exploration into Machine Learning capabilities, assessing, leading feasibility study and applications of how it can be used in CHEP to further enhance our platform inspection capability across all CHEP platforms.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Lead the vision, strategy development and applications of Machine Learning for CHEP business across all platforms
• Demonstrate an ongoing understanding of Machine Learning technologies in current marketplace and how they can be applied to the CHEP business
• Research and on-board of technology suppliers for machine learning development and in particular those that work in Machine Learning applications.
• Manage and lead Machine Learning development capital initiatives to support the technology development
• Facilitate and lead data gathering efforts and support testing during validation process
• Delivery of Machine Learning projects based on strategy and business need.
• Development of external resources (minimum of 2) to accelerate development efforts in machine learning.
Countries: Global to all CHEP Pallet business units
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Leading the vision and development of machine learning corporately.
• Plan and deliver capital projects in excess of $100K in company assets.
• Utilizing existing hardware and images in addition to new image data gathering techniques to produce innovative image analysis models and algorithms.
• Development of ML approaches that improve the speed and accuracy of our image algorithm development for inspection and quality control methods.
Process Engineering, including existing machine vision development team
Technology Development Suppliers
• MS in Computer Science with specialization in machine learning, preferably with a supporting BA/BS in the same field.
• Proficient in C/C++ or Python
• Proficiency in Caffe and Tensorflow is a big plus
• Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, and lead technology developments in the field of machine vision and machine learning.
• Solid software development experience.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Minimum of 3 years C++ or Python programming experience in development of machine learning applications
• Experience in multi-facility, international organizations desired
• Experience in a diverse multi-cultural corporate environment desired
• Successful delivery of machine learning applications to internal or external customers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• High level of C++ / Python programming capabilities
• High level of Computer Vision algorithms experience
• Project Management
• Leadership: Ability to operate with little supervision and can make presentations at leadership level.
• Team work
• Problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills and process focus
• 3D image algorithms experience
• Ability to work in a Matrix Organization
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.