CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a proactive team member, working varying shifts, the Maintenance Technician II is responsible for performing and managing plant maintenance programs under the direction of the Plant Manager. Maintenance activities must ensure that employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product quality, plant performance and business priorities. The Maintenance Technician II will adhere to all health and safety policies and directives and maintain a clean safe work area. This position partners with internal and external engineering services and local parts vendors to ensure automated equipment operates at the highest level of efficiencies and will advocate
improvement projects as assigned. Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems including program logic control (PLC) systems The Maintenance Technician I will diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment This includes, but is not limited to, conveyers, process pallet handling machines, dismantling, painting and stencilling systems
- Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems including program logic control (PLC) systems controls machine network devices (EthernetIP Network). The Maintenance Technician II will diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, conveyers, process pallet handling machines, dismantling, painting and stenciling systems.
- Responsible for hands on maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all process hand tools, such as pneumatic or electric reciprocating saws and nail guns
- Performs minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard shuttle trucks
- The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for accurate and timely documentation of performance and processes as required by local and regional leadership. The Maintenance Technician II will schedule, execute and properly document work orders within the corporate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- The Maintenance Technician II will accurately complete additional scheduling and repair material documentation and reporting as required. Active participation in machine process and design improvement forums is required. The Maintenance Technician II will provide coaching on use and repair of industrial production equipment.
- Maintenance Technician II will participate in health and safety programs including council or committee meetings, OSHA and corporate mandated training, certification and recertification.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Mechanically inclined – Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools.
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays with on-call availability.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours and lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to read and use mechanical and electrical schematics for troubleshooting.
- Ability to use an electrical Multimeter for troubleshooting.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial pneumatic and hydraulic system components, such as pumps, valves, cylinders, motors and solenoids.
- Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical system components such as motors, variable AC drives, PLCs, and field sensors.
- Understanding of industrial air compressors and peripheral components such as, dryers, water separators and automatic bleed off.
This position requires demonstrated experience and knowledge maintaining and repairing plant
production equipment. Specific areas of expertise include:
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of HMI operation and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of production machine maintenance and repair success.
- History of effectively working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects, in addition to normal responsibilities.
- Control panels and power cabinets.
- 3 phase 480-volt power systems.
- Rockwell Automation Compact Logic (RSLogix 5000).
- Ethernet IP networks, EthernetIP on machine devices and VFDs.
- Ability to use and navigate MS office and internet applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Control of Hazardous Energy procedures and regulations.
- NEC 70E electrical Safety.
- Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.