CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
PLANT OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE
Responsible for providing Equipment Pooling services to local customers by overseeing the operational performance of 3rd party service center & TPM sites within a defined market. Closely liaise with 3rd party plant management to support the CHEP supply chain strategy.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Oversee the operational capability of the local plant network to support customer growth and diversification of supply chain offerings
• Identify and deliver YOY supply chain cost savings in support of CHEP’s Cost Leadership strategy
• Insure management group compliance to all contractual commitments regarding health, safety & environmental standards. Actively engage plant level 3rd party leadership in proactively developing safety management programs in support of Brambles Zero Harm vision
• Manage and enforce quality standards at all sites to ensure local customers have an exceptional quality/service experience
• Liaise with Commercial & Quality team colleagues to address quality and service related issues with local retail and manufacturing customers
• Implement and supervise alternative 3rd party providers to diversify the CHEP management group supplier base
• Maintain close collaboration with CHEP functional partners, including Planning, Logistics, Engineering, Quality, Finance and Sales
• Supply chain cost savings
• Safety targets
• Management of pallet volume growth
• Plant performance and quality standards
• Successful adoption of new supply chain customer solutions
• Responsible for 4 locations within Illinois: Melrose Park (home plant), Blue Island, Romeoville and Belvidere.
• Liaise with customers serviced by the above plant locations
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Purchasing decisions and/or recommendations
• Implementation of plant level initiatives to address safety, quality, production or cost reduction opportunities
• Travel required (15-25%)
• Managing business growth and diversification of market solutions
• Maintaining performance standards at a time of labor shortages and high labor turnover
Plant Ops, Logistics, Planning, Transportation, Sales, Asset Recovery, Quality, Finance
Customers, 3rd party providers, carriers
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Business Management or similar is required.
2 - 3 years of manufacturing, warehouse, or distribution experience with some supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of an organization, both internal and external.
• Must have a demonstrated success record of participation in cross-functional project teams that deliver cost savings.
• Must have demonstrated success in negotiating skills.
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
• Must have experience of developing and successfully implementing both safety and quality management programs
• Must be willing to travel extensively and at times on short notice.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.