CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
REGIONAL QUALITY MANAGER - CENTRAL U.S.
- THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE CENTRAL UNITED STATES
The Regional Quality Manager (RQM) provides vision, direction and execution of the quality operating system within the Central Region of the United States in order to support consistent delivery of quality sourcing through a common operating structure and training plan across multiple levels of the organization.
The RQM leads the implementation of strategic projects and drives engagement of the regional cross functional teams to ensure proper investigation and action to resolve product quality issues within the organization while promoting and ensuring CHEP’s customer centricity values.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Supports US Quality Strategy and Leads Quality Project Initiatives implementation within the Central region
• Accountable for the Quality performance in the West Region as indicated by Customer Rejections, Customer Complaints and Net Promoter scores among other KPIs.
• Communicates Service Center compliance opportunities and supports action plans to address opportunities of KPIs including but not limited to Process Control Plan, Pallet Repair and Sort Audits, Plant Inspections, and Pest Control and Cleanliness program.
• Assists with review of investigation findings and insights to resolve quality issues, identification of key drivers and root causes, and driving improvements in the process. Supports cross-functional problem solving teams to ensure action plans and information is tracked and delivered properly to support commercial team engagements.
• Supports training plan development for all Operations, Sales, Customer Service, and Application Engineering departments on CHEP quality criteria training to assist with their interaction with Plants and Customers in Quality related issues.
• Maintains a visible presence within the region; develops relationships with all key stakeholder business groups to support customer centricity.
• Supports the maintenance of the CHEP ISO Quality Certification including the support of process improvement initiatives like Lean Thinking and Six Sigma.
• Establishes self as a corporate quality subject matter expert and organization partner
• 50% to the Central Region of the US
• BS degree in Quality Systems, Manufacturing, Engineering, or Business Administration (Preferred).
• General Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9000.
• Certified Quality Systems Auditor (Preferred).
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (Preferred) with ability to expand to Black Belt
• 5 years working experience within quality in a manufacturing environment.
• 2-3 years of project management experience
• 2-3 years of commercial engagement experience for issue resolution
• Experience in developing action plans to support resolution
• Experience in understanding metrics and KPIs
• Experience in the creation, implementation and execution of a quality plan..
• Experience in producing SOP’s, work instructions, and quality criteria or specifications.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to effectively handle high degree of multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines (24 hours or less)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong negotiating, collaboration, solution selling and relationship building capabilities in an internal and customer facing role. Strong communication skills and ability to train others.
• Strategic thinking, ability to develop and drive a concept through to completion.
• Knowledge of CHEP USA business environment, supply chain, market, and customers.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.