CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Plant Manager in managing total plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of safety, service, quality and cost.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Supervise the work of all production employees – oversees production and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods.
• Provide hands-on leadership as a supervisor, responsible for mentoring and coaching all employees and working through employee relations issues.
• Support plant administration to ensure compliance to established policies
• Responsible, in consultation with Plant Manager, for the cost and yield performance of the Plant in partnership with the overall P&L of the Plant.
• Support cost control initiatives and process control within the Plant.
• Review operations activities, including local transportation activities, to maintain compliance with all Federal, State and local laws (OSHA, DOL, DOJ, EPA, FD)
• Drive Safety improvements (Zero Harm) across the Plant
• Ensure the consistent execution of all SOPs throughout the Plant in accordance with the PMS Commercial Organization, Global Supply Chain
• Deliver best operational practices and cost efficiencies across the Plant while maintaining critical quality and raw material utilization standards that are necessary to maintain customer satisfaction and Plant profitability.
• Ensure compliance through teamwork for all Standard Operating Procedures within the Plant
• Identify Lean opportunities to effectively eliminate waste
• In partnership with Plant Manager, provide leadership to Plant staff to effectively recruit, train, develop, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
• Drive efficiencies in asset utilization through proper transportation scheduling, dispatch, & driver management while meeting customer expectations.
NUMBER OF REPORTS
• Production yield
• Asset utilization
• Profitability to budget
• Regulatory Compliance
• Inventory reconciliation
• Direct Cost Metrics
• 1 location
• 0 direct reports
• 30-100 indirect report
• Working independently
• Working across and within the matrix
• Provides hands-on leadership as a working supervisor
• Plant Managers, General Managers, Directors, HR, Department Heads
• Bachelors in Operations/Supply Chain -or- relevant experience in a related field
• Six Sigma/Lean certification desirable
• Prior experience in a plant supervisory role in an engineering or manufacturing environment
• Familiarity with private fleet management/transportation is helpful
• Strong customer focus orientation
• Strong people management capability including non-exempt production workforce
• Demonstrated success in delivering strong employee relations
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
• Experience managing safety performance and programs
• Understanding of supply chain practices and metrics
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to manage people and motivate a team
• Excellent problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.