CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
PLANT AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- This position can be based in Alpharetta, GA or Orlando, FL
Support automation runoff, and ensure successful transfer of plant automation from engineering commissioning to operational ownership. Provide leadership on technical aspects of capex projects and equipment installations & upgrades across the US network.
Manage adherence to CHEP’s engineering standards, and support revision to standards. Ensure service centers have the correct skills and systems to allow efficient operation & maintenance of equipment. Lead the deployment of measurement systems for the tracking and continuous improvement of equipment performance.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure newly deployed automation supports successful short term ramp and achievement of long term budgeted performance objectives.
• Provide technical leadership in controls, PLC, networking, and electrical & mechanical standards across the CHEP’s US service center network
• Support Process Engineering in the development and launch of Capital Expenditure projects.
• Develop and coordinate maintenance and spare parts systems that allow visibility of performance across the US service center network
• Deploy automated equipment reliability measurement and reporting tools.
• Lead programs to monitor and improve MTBF and MTTR on equipment across the network.
• Develop and deploy a system to track asset lifetime costs.
• Conduct Technical Skills assessment at sites prior to equipment being installed.
• Ensure training and support to maintenance teams in the areas identified by the technical skills assessments and in controls and PLC equipment.
• Provide or source technical support when needed for downtime incidents.
• Work with FMS team, Operations and Engineering to improve and standardize visualization, data collection and communications standards with (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA).
• Delivery of projects against Automation Road Map & PNO Plan
• Achievement of budgeted savings and capacity expansion
• Overall Equipment Effectiveness & Reliability performance
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
In line with local authority levels
50% nationwide travel
Plant Operations leadership & floor staff
ADI & FMS Teams
3rd Party Management Groups
Contractors – Fabrication & Integration
Suppliers – Equipment, PLC, and Network
BS degree in technical discipline
BS Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• 5 years in an automation environment with proven skills in PLC and controls equipment.
• Plant floor leadership
• Extensive experience of working in a health and safety conscious environment
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT & PLC skills
• Project Management skills
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.