CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
CATEGORY MANAGER - ONSITE
This position is located in Battle Creek, Michigan
The Category Manager is responsible for leading all operations-related activities within their assigned customer(s). This position will be responsible for indirectly providing direction to a network of Extended Services Representatives (ESR) to insure customer related issues are completed in an effective and timely manner.
This role will also partner with the Customer’s key senior level customer contacts in a consultative capacity to provide guidance on company initiatives and further streamline business to business processes, ultimately building a strategic partnership and developing multiple Value Streams for the customer and CHEP. ESM preferably is based in the Customers Corp Office and engages multiple key senior level contacts on a daily basis.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Leads detailed Customer Corporate Design session to establish immediate needs and long-term Roadmap for pre-defined joint success metrics
• Aligns success metrics with Customer’s internal business objectives around Sustainability, Efficiencies and Cost Reduction initiatives
• Manages monthly Scorecard generation to provide full and transparent visibility on Account Health and Supply Chain Value Stream success
• Gains complete knowledge of Customer’s Supply Chain, resulting in identifying and leading additional operational efficiency initiatives and cost reduction opportunities, with specific $ budgets to overall cost-savings agreed to by Customer.
• Collaborates with Customer and CHEP Sales-National Account Manager to define Strategic Initiatives resulting in joint supply chain savings
• Becomes a proficient Consultant for Customer on how to maximize the Value CHEP can deliver.
• Develops innovative changes within Account Management to drive efficiency
• Daily contact with customer corporate contacts to resolve transactional issues exposed through data analysis
• Demonstrate team collaboration to utilize necessary resources to drive proactive improvement to account health
• Manages ad-hoc reports to customer and sales manager to support account management objectives
• Resolves identified account health issues including: invoicing, negative balances, suspended transactions, EDI-related reporting issues and unknown movements
• Takes full ownership of successful execution of physical inventory/audit process to ensure accuracy ultimately resulting in a minimal variance
• Advises sales team of potential issues with account health and works proactively with CIT Team and ESR’s to lead the resolution process before the issues affect account health
• Communicates needed support and direction to cross-functional teams through Siebel, Outlook, WebEx and direct phone calls
• Maintains current database tools which contain customer contact information and customer service expectations are maintained by ESR’s
• Utilizes customer survey (NPS) results to identify areas of opportunity to improve Account Management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet customer expectations
• Develops multi-level Corporate contacts resulting in full participation in annual NPS survey
• Actively leads or participates in process improvement projects that impact customer
• Performs other duties as needed
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or comparable experience
5 to 7+ years sales or customer service experience required
2-3 years prior industry experience preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ability to communicate (verbal and written) at Senior corporate levels
• Must be well versed in all Portfolio Plus functions and capabilities or similar system
• Ability to quickly develop skill set needed to work on and understand advanced reconciliation tools and processes
• Advanced knowledge of Business Warehouse, SAP, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint to perform daily job functions. Familiarity with Siebel(CRM), or similar systems a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate the CHEP value proposition to all levels both internally and externally
• Comfortable presenting at senior manager level and to groups of people.
• Working knowledge of Strategic and Situational Leadership Model
• Knowledge of customer supply chain models, logistics and use of platforms in the supply chain.
• Strong business acumen and excellent problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organized and self-motivated
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Ability to effectively lead in a matrix organization
• Six Sigma or Lean Certification a plus
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.