CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for leading a team and managing the weekly payroll process for 4500 (plus) employee payroll. The Payroll Manager must work and communicate effectively with all levels of employees within the company as well as various vendors.
Number of Countries: 1
Number of Locations: 189
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local wage and hour laws
• Manage all payroll tax issues for multiple corporations including federal, state, and localities
• Direct the payroll processing operations – data collection, processing, verification, and distribution
• Manage weekly, multi-state, piece-rate, 4500+ employee payroll
• Control the garnishment processing procedures
• Direct the Unemployment claims and Employment Verification processes
• Develop and direct the creation and distribution of reporting internally and externally
• Manages the electronic filing system for employee personnel records
• Payroll processing issues
• Tax penalties and interest
• Involuntary deductions defaults (garnishments, levies and support orders)
• Customer or employee satisfaction
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Department Level Approvals
Human Resources, Accounting, Senior Management, IT, Field Managers and Directors, Employee/Entry level
Payroll Vendors, Time and Attendance Vendors, Worker Compensation Agencies and Vendors, Unemployment Vendors, Federal State and Local Governmental Agencies
• Bachelor’s degree Finance/Human Resources required
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation highly preferred
• Multi-state payroll processing
• High volume payroll
• Expert Reporting knowledge
• Piece-rate/manufacturing payroll experience
• Unemployment and Workers Compensation Administration experience
• ADP Payroll experience preferred
• 6 years payroll processing experience, 3 years minimum payroll supervisory experience
• Multi-state, high volume, piece rate payroll environment required
• System Administrator experience preferred
• Considerable reporting experience, internally and externally
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Analysis and resolution focused
• Detail oriented
• Strong Customer Service orientation
• Remain current on federal and state wage and hour laws and tax changes
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.