BXB Digital is the newest business unit within the Brambles family. Established in 2016, BXB Digital provides solutions that connect physical platforms with digital capabilities that enable end-to-end visibility of goods as they move through the supply chain. By combining state-of-the-art data science techniques, cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, and Software as a Service, BXB Digital enables a more connected, intelligent and efficient supply chain. BXB Digital is based in Silicon Valley, California with additional operations in London, UK and Bangalore, India.
BXB Digital is a Brambles company, the global leader in supply chain logistic solutions operating through the CHEP and IFCO brands. Brambles Limited is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and has its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. Operating in more than 60 countries, with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe, Brambles employs more than 14,500 people and owns over 550 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of approximately 850 service centres.
This position has a high level of exposure to senior management. Through the process of supporting the business the Finance Analyst will have the opportunity to make recommendations to support business strategy, objectives and meet the annual budget.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Prepare period end operating expense and capital expenditure reports, analysing run rates and providing commentary on variances to budget
• Prepare and consolidate cost centre budgets and forecasts
• Prepare and consolidate Regional Charges and management reporting
• Identify and recommend opportunities to improve operational and financial processes
• Determine return on investment for business cases, conduct financial analysis on new projects, lease buy and project investment initiatives
• Identify and drive cost savings initiatives
• Works collaboratively with BXB leadership team to understand third party vendor demand. Overseas the review and approval process for third party engagement.
• Ensures that all agreements and purchases are in accordance with Legal and Financial limits of authority
• Ensures that all agreements and related documents are appropriately stored in the records management repository and archived according to the company records retention policy
• Works with BXB leadership to performs invoice review and tracking against purchase orders, to include monthly PO reporting and closures.
• Maintaining agreement renewal/termination calendar.
• Preparing adhoc spend reporting as needed from SAP.
• Manage financial accounting for a larger team with complex models: team members in multiple locations, complex cross charges and accounting models, changing model into cost centers and manage to financial more accurately.
• Assist Strategic Business Planning and help with IT Project Management: assist cost center owners/project managers and delivery leaders to develop budgets, manage their forecasts, support deferability / capital needs, long range planning, contract analysis and analyze cost transparency to drive better decisions.
• Collaborate with leadership across business units and Finance teams for both data gathering and financial modelling, cost projections, and long range plans to drive alignment across the organization with one standard model that works across both BXBD and the business. Help with preparation of 5 year plan and collaborate with team in preparing business cases for the approval of strategic initiatives and IRR analysis.
• Management and Corporate Governance: Apply financial and vendor management acumen to help implement and operationalize solutions. Assist with contract analysis, financial issue management, capital analysis/impact.
• Legal and Compliance Support: Initiate and facilitate collaboration and reports for capitalization of costs of internally development software, amortization and depreciation management and tax treatment.
• Procurement: Train/help to manage incoming procurement resource(s) which includes fostering vendor relationships, facilitating negotiations, managing full cycle PO process and invoicing as well as maintain recordkeeping of contracts/renewals.
Annual Cost/Recovery Budget: $10.3M+
Number of Global Regions: 2
Number of Countries : 2
• Forecast and budget target achievement
• Revenue, Profit, Cash Flow, BVA
• Process improvement and efficiency
• Project development and implementation
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Works on a fast-paced team of finance professionals and is responsible for managing assignments effectively and for making process improvement recommendations.
• Works effectively with a wide range of internal customers on financial matters.
• Works with a high degree of autonomy.
• Works effectively in a matrix environment.
Regional Presidents & CFO’s, Global Business Unit Presidents & CFO’s, Executive off of the CIO, Global Vice Presidents IT, Directors of IT, Finance Team, Operations Team
External contacts Brambles Senior Management, customers, and vendors
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
• MBA strongly preferred
• 3+ years of professional experience in financial planning and analysis
• Candidate must have an analytical thought process and the ability to multi task and prioritize frequently
• Proven ability in developing business models as the basis for driver based budgeting and forecasting
• Excellent problem solving and quantitative analysis skills
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and ability to present financial information to Sr. Management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Advanced Microsoft Office10 skills required
• Prior experience in SAP FICO and BW is desirable.
• Systems knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.