CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
SENIOR MANAGER - GLOBAL FACTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN MADRID SPAIN OR ORLANDO, FLORIDA
• Leads Factory Management Systems (FMS) implementation globally, and the team, ensuring there Is adequate skills and capability in the global FMS team. Drives large, complex product development or improvement programs in FMS, utilizing cross functional CHEP, supplier, and customer teams.
• Lead the upgrade of the FMS platform to ensure that it is adequate to meet the expanding business needs.
• Provides leadership in the roll out and implementation of FMS systems in the service centers, ensures adequate processes and systems are in place for measurement, tracking and continuous improvement.
NUMBER OF REPORTS
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Direct the FMS team globally and develop SMART objectives for direct reports.
• Manage the global FMS budget and provide regular leadership reviews detailing performance and deployment progress.
• Develop FMS supplier qualification processes and develop a capable FMS supply base to support peak deployment periods.
• Lead and shape the global FMS strategy by setting objectives and developing innovative approaches to deliver on global needs.
• Develop database platforms that provide both real time and historical data trends for long term process improvement. Evaluate new supporting technologies for incorporation in the business.
• Shape the FMS process and standardization strategy by inspiring the business leadership.
• Liaise with Global Supply Chain IT to ensure right level of IT support is in place for all plant technical systems platforms (FMS, Process reliability & Preventive Maintenance systems)
• Delivers >$1M annually FMS deployments globally, based on the business need.
• Develops and implements an annual FMS strategy
• Manages the annual operational expenses within budget.
• Annual IT/Software budget of greater than $500K
• Regional Scope: Global
• Number of Staff (direct): 4
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Financial approval IAW published Bramble’s Authority Matrix at the band 3 level. Hiring / firing responsibility for the team.
• Role requires a high level of autonomy and the ability to provide concise feedback to key leaders in the organization
• Role requires being a partner and help guide, but at the same time a gate keeper and project manager of overall process engineering agenda ensuring compliance to internal processes. Requires someone very mature and politically astute.
• Role requires the flexibility and technical capacity to review new and stretch technology developments. Successful candidate will be accepting to challenges that are not well defined
• Operations, Engineering, Finance, Quality, IT
• Role requires a technical degree (bachelors or equiv.) and experience in managing software development.
• 10+ years solid experience in Engineering related business.
• Solid knowledge of the business functionality and needs.
• 3-5+ years of Factory Management Systems using Wonderware or equivalent software
• Experience in leading a team of developers
• Experience in an FMCG or automotive manufacturing or related environment leading plant
• Equipment performance improvements, is desired.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent presentation skills to executive level management
• Solid financial management skills
• Production monitoring and factory management systems (FMS)
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.