CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER - VOICE & DATA (REMOTE)
- THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE-BASED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
To be responsible for analyzing all aspects of the network, making recommendations on key technologies, architecture and vendor decisions, driving a common vision in a multi-supplier global environment, and ensuring enforcement of key policies and practices across the infrastructure in an outsourced model
Departmental operating budget >$10M
Number of Countries: 40
Number of Locations: 500+ Locations
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Experience must include the design, configuration, long term planning, operational support and project management of large telecommunication systems, associated voice and data networks
• Must possess in-depth knowledge of Cisco Unified Call Manager, Unity, secure voice concepts, secure voice processes and procedures, SIP, voice readiness assessment, in-depth understanding of voice protocols
• Must possess call center/contact center experience, preferably with Interactive Intelligence (now part of Genesys). Cisco contact center experience will also be considered.
• Must possess at least 1-2 years of working experience with Skype for Business PBX (formally Lync), either on prem or cloud PBX (cloud preferred). Hands on working knowledge of Audiocodes CCE appliance, Audiocodes desk phones, Polycom Trio and/or Plantronics headset devices also preferred.
• Must possess detailed technical knowledge of network infrastructure, including DMVPN tunnels, MPLS networks, GRE, NAT, PAT, EIGRP, BGP, Firewall technologies, Wireless protocols primarily in a Cisco environment
• Extensive working level business and systems knowledge in a global organization; involved with Enterprise level needs and vision
• Excellent Communication skills for conveying plans and participating in review meetings; customer-facing participation within the company and with external vendors and resources
• Demonstrated experience working with blended teams, including staff and contractors, both in-house and off-shore
• Early identification and notification of issues and risks, with appropriate mitigation actions as required
• Change Management experience, including assessment, impact, scheduling and controls
• Manages the development of quality assurance standards and best practices
• Provide governance to Outsourced model and strategic direction to support teams
• Set and define network standards for future rollouts and communicate with suppliers accordingly
• Internal customer satisfaction
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Purchasing decisions in accordance with budget
• Network Technology control processes
• Working autonomously or having limited access to immediate manager
• Working in an outsourced environment
Other IT Directors and different business units
AT&T is the global network partner, HCL is outsourced network support provider
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent
• Experience managing vendor teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated history of delivering results
• Extensive experience with network infrastructure design and implementation (e.g., voice, routing, switching, wireless, VLANs, IP addressing and wide area networks)
• Expert knowledge of architecture and design methodologies for large-scale networks
• Conceptual understanding of other IT disciplines (e.g., applications, systems, storage, service management, business continuity)
• Experience with unified communications/IP telephony architecture and deployment Functional understanding of network financial management, ROI analysis and business case development
• Expert knowledge of Call Center technologies and solutions, specifically Interactive Intelligence (ININ) environments (preferred)
• Expert Knowledge of IP telephony technologies from Cisco and Microsoft
• Knowledge in IVR, self-service or speech recognition systems
• Experience in administration and support of call center solutions within large, highly complex organizations
Cisco certifications or 10+ years’ experience
• Expert-level voice and data networking experience in a Cisco and Microsoft environment
• Cisco IP Telephony, Microsoft Skype for Business PBX and Cisco or ININ Call Center experience
• Experience with Cloud solutions and related networking infrastructure designs
CCIE or Voice certifications a plus
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.