CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
This individual will utilize a company owned truck to assume full territory responsibility for all CHEP assets in the assign territory. Incumbent will work closely with Logistics Coordinators and other CHEP employees with the aim of identifying and recovering CHEP equipment in the possession of nonparticipating distributors, pallet dealers, and other unsigned companies or persons.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for establishing new relationships with nonparticipating distributors as well as identifying new sales opportunities for the CHEP network.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Visit and call on non-participating distributors and pallet recycler locations to recover CHEP assets that have fallen out of the network.
• Utilize company provided tools: CHEP vehicle, laptop, various databases to monitor flow in and out of your territory to locate and negotiate the successful return of our assets back into the network.
• The Asset Recovery Representative has ultimate responsibility for tracking and recovery of 168,000 non-participating distributor transfers into the territory annually.
• The Asset Recovery Representative is also responsible for building relationships with the non-participating distributors and local pallet recyclers in their assigned territory.
• To be successful, this position requires continuous contact with the local recycler community; the CHEP Asset Recovery team was responsible for the recovery of over 245,000 CHEP pallets recovered last year.
• Builds relationships with potential customers and encourages them to sign on as a participant in the program.
• Completes company administrative duties.
• Makes a minimum of 60 visits per week.
AA degree or equivalent work experience.
• Candidate must be willing and able to lift 65lbs on a regular basis
• Candidate must have a clean motor vehicle driving record
• Candidate must be able to obtain a DOT Medical card with no restrictions
Minimum 2 years route sales and / or customer service
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Prior workplace field experience in Operations, Sales, or Customer Service
• Excellent selling and interpersonal skills
• Personal computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Word
• Capable of maintaining and organizing a home office
• Ability to manage funds pertaining to business expenses
• Possess time management skills
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.