CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
POSITION PURPOSE NUMBER OF REPORTS MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES MEASURES AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING External: QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
This position is tasked with supervising and leading a crew of employees at one of our customer locations and operating a forklift. This position provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure operating efficiency and the highest level of customer service. Previous experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and/or logistics environment is preferred.
This position is located in Marianna, Florida
Direct Reports: 3-8
• Coaching of employees that models the values and culture of the company
• Effective communication with customers and employees
• Direct management and oversight of the IFCO Safety Program at the facility
• Ensure that all key processes – production, safety, and servicing – are understood by employees
• Coordinate inbound / outbound flow of product (forklifts and trucks)
• Inputting data daily / driver interactions
• Warehouse operations
• Forklift operation
• Fast-paced, high-volume productivity
• Employee Engagement and Retention
• Profitability to budget
• Regulatory Compliance
• Direct Cost Metrics
• Purchasing decisions (and to what amount);
• People decisions such as hiring, firing and IR problems
• Customer problems or decision, etc.
• Working autonomously or having limited access to immediate manager
• Working in a matrix environment
Regional Managers, Operations Directors, HR, Department Heads, Finance,, HS&E)
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3 – 5 years of equivalent work experience preferred
• Experience working in a manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and/or logistics environment
• Prior forklift operations experience is required
• Proven track record of success and stability (1 to 3 years)
• Familiarity with both OSHA and DOT regulations and requirements strongly preferred
• Results-oriented and can meet deadlines and commitments
• Mechanically Inclined (electric/conveyor knowledge is a plus)
• P&L and budgeting experience preferred
• Applicants need a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
• Demonstrated solid decision making
• Works well unsupervised
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a plus
• Must be willing to work 1st or 2nd shift, Saturdays, and extended hours as necessary
NUMBER OF REPORTS
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.