CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
Manage and provide leadership to the Logistics Execution Analysts and Coordinators and ensure continuous improvement of all Logistics processes and activities. Responsible for flawless execution and adherence to pre-established customer critical success factors. Work closely with Logistics Execution, Operations and Sales/Customer service groups to deploy new GTM Strategies such as new business and launches. Create/standardize functional training, maintain/create standard operating processes for all logistics functions.
• Responsible for servicing 50K+ customer filler location truckloads annually on-time and 50K+ fleet recovery truckloads on-time and to budget ($8M)
• Attract, hire, and coach a team of ~7 Logistics Professional (including Individual Development Plans, and Performance Development Plans)
• Develop metrics and tracking for Logistics Team
• Successful delivery of multiple strategic transport efficiencies and initiatives
• Demonstrated ability implementing complex process changes and tool solutions
• Business process strategy, design and change management
• Demonstrated success managing across multiple organizations, regions, and functional areas
• Strong communication skills and ability to drive to decision
• Implementation SAP and Supply Chain Management tools
NUMBER OF REPORTS
Direct Reports: 7
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Analytical skills are required but focus of this position is “on the floor” daily/weekly execution of the shipment plan.
• Plan, execute and continuously monitor each day’s shipment plan while ensuring longer term goals of carrier management, cost control and improved service remain a focus.
• Coach and develop team members.
• Knowledge of major national and regional truckload carriers. Experience negotiating price/capacity, resolving service issues and managing the shipper/carrier relationship from selection to performance measurement.
• Ability to operate in a high paced organization and effectively achieve solutions to challenging problems. CHEP environment requires ability to work with other groups to negotiate support and mutual progress towards a goal, but the ability to elevate the issue and or demand results when appropriate progress is not being achieved.
• Ability to accept rapidly changing priorities, drop everything to refocus on a new goal, but the determination and persistence to return again to difficult projects when the new challenge has passed. Strong time management, organization, prioritization and self-directed drive a must.
• High levels of energy, enthusiasm, and esprit de corps a must. Must be able to motivate the team and self when extremely challenging results are demanded with limited support, systems or infrastructure.
• Ability to see the goal and reach it, despite all obstacles. If something another department has responsibility for stands in the way of the goal, candidate must be able to move over, around or through the obstacle and cannot be someone who “recognizes and reports what obstacles are keeping them from hitting the goal.”
• Root Cause Corrective Action Plans for low service to Sales.
• Monitor and ensure On-Time Service to all Priority Customers.
• Partner with Regional Planning to resolve all Retailer Backlogs.
• Holiday Coverage.
• Monitor and Manage Wal-Mart and TPM Dwell.
• On Time Performance
• Mapping Compliance
• Service Center Capacity
• Booked Not Shipped/Booked Not Received
• Supply Chain Initiatives Targets
• Reduction of Late Critical Orders
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
• Request overtime as needed from Operations
• Coaching and Counselling of Direct Reports
• Authorize deviations from plan (one time)
• Recommend and implement cost savings solutions
• Logistics, Operations, Quality, Customer sales/service,
• Transportation & Voice of the Customer
• Carrier Base
• 3PL Management Groups at Service Centers
• Experience leading and developing people
• Knowledge of Excel, Windows, and MapPoint
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 2+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Supply Chain
• 2+ years’ experience with leading/managing people
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Ensuring flawless execution and adherence to pre-established customer critical success factors
• Management of all areas of transportation to include safety, transportation, compliance, Transport Budget responsibility, distribution and customer service
• Management of assigned direct reports to include employee relation issues, performance management, and employee development
• Manage the day to day execution of orders and serve as 1st level of escalation for all issues
• Develops positive relationship with third party providers, and ensures consistent achievement of expectation/ requirements
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.