BXB Digital is the newest business unit within the Brambles family. Established in 2016, BXB Digital provides solutions that connect physical platforms with digital capabilities that enable end-to-end visibility of goods as they move through the supply chain. By combining state-of-the-art data science techniques, cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, and Software as a Service, BXB Digital enables a more connected, intelligent and efficient supply chain. BXB Digital is based in Silicon Valley, California with additional operations in London, UK and Bangalore, India.
BXB Digital is a Brambles company, the global leader in supply chain logistic solutions operating through the CHEP and IFCO brands. Brambles Limited is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and has its headquarters in Sydney, Australia. Operating in more than 60 countries, with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe, Brambles employs more than 14,500 people and owns over 550 million pallets, crates and containers through a network of approximately 850 service centres.
FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Brambles is a global supply chain logistics company operating in more than 60 countries, with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. It employs more than 14,500 people and is an industry leader in the transportation of goods for customers worldwide.
Brambles is looking to extend market leadership and has created of an IOT division called BXB Digital. By tapping into the Internet of Things we are looking to transform the supply chain industry by bringing digital intelligence to the physical assets the company owns globally.
This position is responsible for the firmware development and embedded systems architecture of the IOT devices.
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Translate system requirements into design specification, and work to develop firmware applications within constraints of small, low-power systems operating in a challenging environment.
• Write architectural overviews and detailed software design specifications, including test requirements, task lists and schedules.
• Develop and track detailed specifications, project plans, resource assignments & schedules in conjunction with Engineering, Product Management, and Executive staff.
• Develop tracking and sensor telemetry applications for real-time Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) or Cellular IoT networks.
• Participate in technical reviews for design and implementation for deployment and support processes.
• Creative, motivated, driven individual, eager to learn with excellent work ethic and passion to succeed.
• Timely delivery of the firmware for the Edge devices
• Translate system requirements into design specification, and develop applications
• Troubleshoot technical issues during bring up and production.
• Create software specification documentation.
• Manage project schedules and workflow with software engineering team.
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
All decisions related to firmware development and application logic that goes on the devices.
NUMBER OF REPORTS
Direct Reports: 1
Platform Engineering team, project managers, developers, strategy and architecture teams, infrastructure, design teams, etc. This will include Directors, VP’s, CIO, manager, and employees
External user groups, software vendors, contactors and their firms, other companies using our tools and possibly customers.
Master’s degree in Computer Science with related experience in device drivers or firmware development and embedded system
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 10+ years of related experience in device driver or firmware and embedded system
• Background in Systems Programming, Operating Systems, RTOS, ARM mbed, M2M IoT Protocols – MQTT, CoAP
• Driver level understanding of Wi-Fi, BLE, and Cellular modules is a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Thorough, in-depth knowledge of microprocessor based controller design
• Knowledge of communication protocols: TCP/IP; UDP, I2C, SPI, USART, I2S, PCM.
• Experience with sensors, accelerometers, gyro, GPS, humidity, temperature
• Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, LoRa, SigFox, LTE-M1, NB-IoT, is a plus
• Proven track record in managing engineering teams and external contractors
Desirable: Spanish and German
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. www.chep.com/jobs EOE
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. [Brambles/CHEP/IFCO] never conducts interviews via online chat or requests money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.